I have been meaning to create some videos for some time. Now, in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic, it’s a great time to begin making videos and telling ghost stories.
I wrote this version of the legend of the Talbot County werewolf to be presented at the Georgia Library Association Convention in 2018. While some of the details of this legend are fact, my setting adds scenes and dialogue for effect.
As always, I must provide a source list.
- Brown, Alan. Haunted Georgia: Ghosts and Strange Phenomena of the Peach State. Mechanicsburg, PA: Stackpole, 2008.
- Davidson, William H. A Rockaway in Talbot: Travels in an Old Georgia County, Volume I. West Point, GA: Hester Printing, 1983.
- “Emily Isabella “Emmie” Burt.” Findagrave.com. Accessed 1 September 2018.
- Newkirk, Greg. “Silver bullets in Talbot County: The Strange Grave of Emily Isabella Burt, Georgia’s real-life werewolf.” Week in Weird. 31 January 2016.
- Roberts, Nancy. Georgia Ghosts. Winston-Salem, NC: John F. Blair, 1997.
- Serafin, Faith. Haunted Columbus, Georgia: Phantoms of the Fountain City. Charleston, SC: History Press, 2012.
- Wells, Jeffery C. “The legend of the Georgia Werewolf Girl.” Georgia Mysteries. 27 October 2009.